The Meyerhoff Symphony Auditorium was the venue that welcomed yesterday Ringo Starr and his All Star Band. Ringo hit the stage at 7:00 PM last night as the signs of Peace and Love among the audience were raising up in the air.
Ringo plays a mix of his solo and Beatles hits, then gives the spotlight to each of the All Star Band members (Steve Lukather (Toto), Gregg Rolie (Journey, Santana), Richard Page (Mr. Mister), Todd Rundgren (Utopia, Meat Loaf), Mark Rivera and Gregg Bissonette) for two or three songs. It felt like watching a live show of my Dad’s mix tape. Knowing already the members of the all Star Band you can expect some great songs coming along having players from Toto, Santana, Todd Rundgren, and Mr. Mister.
Starr kicked things off Sunday night with an opening trio of the Carl Perkins’ Matchbox, his hit It Don’t Come Easy, and Wings from his most recent album, Ringo 2012.
From there the band took the reins and the highlights began. Rolie’s Evil Ways got the first standing crowd ovation of the night. you could see how people enjoyed listening to the Santana Hit. Later the band started playing Toto’s hit Rosanna as Lukather made an incredible perfomance.
Starr then gave Beatles fans what they came for: Don’t Pass Me By , Yellow Submarine, and Boys, which he introduced as “a song I used to do with the other band I was in … Rory Storm and the Hurricanes!”
Before starting the song I’m the Greatest Ringo recalls that he is “gonna play a song that John Lennon wrote for me”. thou the song was a bit of a mood killer after the singalong of the Beatles Hits.
Page’s new song You Are Mine was well-received. Lukather worked the crowd up again for Hold the Line – Toto’s first hit – setting the stage for Starr to send fans home happy with Photograph, Act Naturally and With a Little Help From My Friends, which ended with a chorus of Lennon’s Give Peace a Chance.
2. It Don’t Come Easy
4. I Saw the Light (Todd Rundgren cover) (Todd Rundgren)
5. Evil Ways (Santana cover) (Gregg Rolie)
6. Rosanna (Toto cover) (Steve Lukather with Mark Rivera)
7. Kyrie (Mr. Mister cover) (Richard Page)
8. Don’t Pass Me By
9. Bang The Drum All Day (Todd Rundgren cover) (Todd Rundgren)
11. Yellow Submarine
12. Black Magic Woman (Santana cover) (Gregg Rolie)
14. I’m The Greatest
15. You Are Mine (Richard Page cover) (Richard Page)
16. Africa (Toto cover) (Steve Lukather)
17. Everybody’s Everything Santana cover) (Gregg Rolie)
18. I Wanna Be Your Man
19. Broken Wings (Mr. Mister cover) (Richard Page)
20. Hold The Line(Toto cover) (Steve Lukather)
22. Act Naturally
23. With a Little Help From My Friends
24. Give Peace a Chance (John Lennon cover)
Happy 70th Paul McCartney. The legendary musician and inspirational motivation of The Day Tripper is turning 70th today. Here is a Ringo Starr and his All Star band sing Happy Birthday to Paul McCartney for his 70th birthday. The band includes, Richard Page, Greg Rolie, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Bissonnette and Mark Rivera.